Thursday 26 January 2012

Moore - I saw an owl!

Having read a lot about Moore Nature Reserve near Warrington, I headed down there today, Its quite a big place by the side of the Manchester Ship Canal, with lagoons and woodland, so a chance to see a variety of birds.
Sadly, I am not very good at spotting and recognised birds I dont know and after a good hours walk I had hardly seen anything I could a name too. I finally arrived at a hide where 2 guys were sat. I had heard that there was a Tawny Owl that was regularly seen during the day and so I asked them if they knew where it was. One of them generously offered to show me as it was quite close to where we were, and sure enough there it was in the ivy on a tree trunk, just its head showing but clearly an owl. In all the years I have had an interest in birds I have never knowingly seen an owl in the wild so this was a big first for me and here he or she is.


I barely got round half the the reserve and am going to have to go back, hopefully with people who can spot and recognise birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment