Wednesday 25 January 2012

Dunham Massey

Well after a few days stuck indoors due to the weather, I finally got out today and set off for Dunham Massey near Altrincham. it is a house, gardens and park managed by the National Trust and a place I have visited before. I was particularly looking for birds today and so I spent my time in the gardens and the park. The gardens are quite colourful even in january with snowdrops, crocus and daffodils on show, I spent most of the time scanning the trees, there were plenty of tits and nothing new until I spotted movement on one of the tree trunks, it was a Nuthatch, I have only ever seen one before so it was a nice spot, they are quite pretty being bluey grey on top and buff underneath and behave a lot like treecreepers. I tried to get a good photo but it promptly ran rounf the otherside of the trunk, but I did manage this.


I then had a wander around the park, there is a deer sanctuary and using binoculars I did see a small group of Roe Deer through the trees.

That was about it for interesting spots although there were plenty of Great and Longtailed tits, Jackdaw, tufted duck as well as the far more common birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment